June 6th, 2020 update:
We are following the recommended public safety precautions to keep our students and instructors safe. These precautions include:
In car lessons:
– Instructors are required to wear masks
– Students are required to wear masks (we ask students to bring their own, although it is possible to provide if needed)
– At the beginning of the in-car lesson, students will be given an Antimicrobial P.A.W.S hand cleaner to use before entering the car
– All cars will be thoroughly cleaned and sanitized daily
– Any touchpoint of the car will be disinfected in between each lesson (wheel, door handles, turn signals, etc)
– All students will be asked if they have travelled outside of the Province in the last 14 days, been in contact with anyone that may have, or if they are feeling poorly. if the answer is yes the lesson will be rescheduled.
In class lessons:
– All students entering the classroom setting will undergo a non-contact temperature reading coinciding with NS safety standards
– Students and Instructors are to maintain social distance and respect others
– Masks are recommended.
June 1st, 2020 update:
We are just getting back into the swing of things and are working with Access NS and Public Health to get a good understanding of our protocols needed to reopen our in-car and in-class lessons. We will reach out to all current registered students as soon as we can with information and we are registering new students for August as we need to get all of our current students caught up first. Stay tuned.
April 30th update:
Our May courses are currently cancelled. Waiting on the go-ahead from the government to re-open our driving school. Once we know more, we can implement a plan for rescheduling our March, April and May courses. Please note there will be delays in when classes are rescheduled as we play catch up with hundreds of students. Thanks for your understanding.
Tonya and Jake
March 29 update: April classes cancelled. Rescheduling when possible.
March 19 update: CLOSED until further notice.
Our March Dartmouth course is now cancelled – Class 6 and 7 – March 23rd and 26th, 2020. We will reschedule the dates when our Government indicates that we are able to resume business.
Our March break Halifax course was cancelled – Class 3 and 4 – March 18th & 19th, 2020 and tentatively rescheduled to Sat, May 2nd and Sun, May 3rd, 2020 – 9:00am – 3:15pm.
Registration is still open for future courses, but we may need to postpone students to other course dates, all pending the pandemic and when we are permitted to reopen. Thanks for your understanding.
Refunds currently not being issued to students who have attended any classes as we plan to resume lessons as soon as possible.
Access NS is also closed so no road tests at this time.
We are monitoring the situation of Covid 19 in Nova Scotia, Canada, and the world very closely and will look to our government’s leadership on when it will be safe to resume operations.
Stay home and stay safe!