New Driver Education Course – $517.39 + tax
Since 1996, we have been proud of the value we provide to our students, offering friendly instruction, safe vehicles, extensive training, and fair prices (same price since 2002). We now also have two in-class locations – Dartmouth and Halifax. See why our students consistently rank us 5 out of 5 stars and why we were voted Consumer Choice of the Year – 2018.
We offer the Access Nova Scotia approved New Driving Education Course which requires 25-hours of in-class lessons and 10-hours of in-car lessons. Students begin the course with the in-class lessons and start scheduling their in-car lessons once they meet with their dedicated instructor – usually at Class 3 or 4. How quickly a student moves through the program depends on the issuee date of their Learners License.
***Please note our classes sell out often 4 – 6 weeks in advance.
Why choose McKenna’s Driving School for Driver’s Education? Learn more here to find out the benefits of our program and what makes us different.
- We accept cash, cheque or etransfer. $300 at the first in-class lesson and $295 at the sixth in-class lesson.
In-Class Lessons – 25 hours:
Our schedule is typically 7 weekday evening classes over 3 weeks from 6pm – 9:30pm. We often have a different schedule during the summer, on holidays and March Break.
- Dartmouth classroom location is at the Hearthstone Inn (Formerly the Quality Inn), 313 Prince Albert Road, Dartmouth (Dartmouth schedule and registration here)
- Halifax classroom location is at (July and August 2019) Bella Rose Arts Centre at the Halifax West High School, 283 Thomas Raddall Dr (September 2019 onward) – Future Inns – 30 Fairfax Dr, Halifax, NS B3S 1P1.(Halifax schedule and registration here)
- Material and videos provided by the instructor
Review In-Class Course Outline for more information
In-Vehicle Lessons – 10 hours:
Our in-vehicle instructors accommodate student’s schedule – Mon – Sun, 8am – 8pm.
- Flexible pick up and drop off locations in HRM
- One on one private lessons with a certified instructor
- Scheduling options to meet student needs
- Reliable driving school vehicles with dual controls
- Dedicated instructor for all 10 hours of instruction
- Road test preparation
- Includes vehicle for the road test
Review In-Vehicle Course Outline for more information
At McKenna’s Driving School students will learn how to:
- build confidence with their driving knowledge and skills
- comply with the rules of the road
- understand road signage
- safely operate and park a motor vehicle
- recognize unsafe road conditions
- navigate around HRM including highways and urban areas
- recover from highway shoulder driving and vehicle avoidance
- react to unpredictable situations and initiate emergency manoeuvres
- operate motor vehicles in winter conditions (November – March Courses weather permitting)
and much, much more…