New Driver Education Course – $600 + tax
Starting March 2022, the price of the course will be $690 after tax. The price increase is caused by increasing cost of operating and lost revenue due to the COVID-19 Pandemic. McKenna’s continues to offer a high quality service. Thank you for understanding.
Since 1996, we have been proud of the value we provide to our students, offering friendly instruction, safe vehicles, extensive training, and fair prices (same price since 2002). See why our students consistently rank us 5 out of 5 stars and why we were voted Consumer Choice of the Year – 2018.
We offer the Access Nova Scotia approved New Driving Education Course which requires 25-hours of in-class lessons and 10-hours of in-car lessons. Students begin the course with the in-class lessons and start scheduling their in-car lessons once they meet with their dedicated instructor – usually at Class 3 or 4. How quickly a student moves through the program depends on the issue date of their Learners Licence.
***Please note our classes sell out often 4 – 6 weeks in advance. There will no longer be in-person classroom training. The course will be permanently delivered online starting in January 2022.
Why choose McKenna’s Driving School for Driver’s Education? Learn more here to find out the benefits of our program and what makes us different.
- We accept cash, cheque or etransfer.
In-Class Lessons – 25 hours:
100% online and asynchronous
- Register for the online course here: (Dartmouth schedule and registration here)
- Register for the online course here: (Halifax schedule and registration here)
- Material and videos provided by the instructor
Review In-Class Course Outline for more information
In-Vehicle Lessons – 10 hours:
- Our in-vehicle instructors accommodate student’s schedule as best as possible
- Flexible pick up and drop off locations
- One on one private lessons with a certified instructor
- Reliable driving school vehicles with dual controls
- Dedicated instructor for all 10 hours of instruction
- Road test preparation
- Includes vehicle for the road test
Review In-Vehicle Course Outline for more information
At McKenna’s Driving School students will learn how to:
- build confidence with their driving knowledge and skills
- comply with the rules of the road
- understand road signage
- safely operate and park a motor vehicle
- recognize unsafe road conditions
- navigate around HRM including highways and urban areas
- recover from highway shoulder driving and vehicle avoidance
- react to unpredictable situations and initiate emergency manoeuvres
- operate motor vehicles in winter conditions (November – March Courses weather permitting)
and much, much more…