New Driver Education Course – $652.17 + tax
Why choose McKenna’s Driving School for Driver’s Education?
Learn more here to find out the benefits of our program and what makes us different.
- We accept credit card, cash, cheque, or e-transfer. So choose the option that works best for you.
In-Class Lessons – 25 hours:
100% online and asynchronous
Register for the Course:
Register for the course: Dartmouth registration here
Register for the course: Halifax schedule registration here
- Material and videos provided by the instructor
Review Course Outline for more information
In-Vehicle Lessons – 10 hours:
PLEASE NOTE: The city is growing. Traffic has increased, which makes picking up students away from the Access Nova Scotia locations more challenging. Highway driving is essential, but most lessons are spent doing traffic lights, intersections, parking and lane changes. Please know that the instructor may require you to meet for your lessons. Pick-up and drop-off zones are decided on what is best for the student’s development.
- Our in-vehicle instructors accommodate students’ schedules as best as possible.
- Pick-up and drop-off zones will be decided on what is best for the student
- One-on-one private lessons with a certified instructor
- Reliable driving school vehicles with dual controls
- Dedicated instructor for all 10 hours of instruction
- Road test preparation
- Includes vehicle for the road test
Review In-Vehicle Course Outline for more information
At McKenna’s Driving School, students will learn how to:
- build confidence with their driving knowledge and skills
- comply with the rules of the road
- understand road signage
- safely operate and park a motor vehicle
- recognize unsafe road conditions
- navigate around HRM including highways and urban areas
- recover from highway shoulder driving and vehicle avoidance
- react to unpredictable situations and initiate emergency manoeuvres
- operate motor vehicles in winter conditions (November – March Courses weather permitting)
and much, much more…